Monday, January 16, 2012

On a Motor bike in Colombo Traffic..


As a new year resolution, I though to bring my motor bike to Colombo to make my transportation needs easier. So I rode it all the way from Anuradhapura my home to Rajagiriya my second home here in Colombo on 31st of December 2011. It's a Bajaj CT-100 which is well-known as “පෙට්‍රල් සුවඳටත් දුවන එකම බයික් එක" (In English: The only bike which runs even to the smell of petrol).

I have never been on a that long ride, it took almost 5 hours for 230Km because I had to stop and take break after each 30km. And It took only 3 and half hours to get to Ja-ela and after that Traffic was terrific to eat 1 and half hours for just about 40km.

Anyway now I'm happily strolling in Colombo without wasting much time and money like before by travelling by buses and Three-wheelers. And I'm enjoying sneaking through to the front of queues of Prius, Prado, Masda and even Maruti when all these vehicles are stopped at colour lights. Yes, Bikes are the best option to travel in Colombo. Word!


5 comments:

  1. 1) Why did you stop at each 30 km?

    2) I don't think "make my transportation needs easier" is not the only reason to bring it here :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I'm not used to do long rides for more than 30km and I wasn't in good health that day.. so had to take breaks..
      2. You know the answer.. :P

      Delete
  2. isn't bikes the best, even in terms of cost - It's very cheap compared to other vehicles?
    Only minus i see is safety - Parents are dead against getting a bike. Buti think even that risk can be averted if you ride safely.
    Anyways nice post and welcome back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that mate.. Even my parents did not let me to bring it here.. After begging for months, they allowed me.. =]

      Delete
  3. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! motorcycle tours india

    ReplyDelete